Inspiration from our Regional Heroes
Founder’s Week: Call to Artists
In Person and/or Online Submissions
Once again, the Cincinnati Art Club celebrates Founder’s Week. This year, Founder’s Week will be the last week in April. All visual artists from the Greater Cincinnati Tri-State Region (members of the Club, or nonmembers) are invited to participate and exhibit their works in the Club’s Wessel Gallery April 28-April 30. Help celebrate the region’s “Queen City” era of fine arts and founding of the Club in 1890.
The exhibition is Open to all Visual Artists so tell your friends!
This year’s theme celebrates Founder’s Week by inviting current artist’s “Inspiration from our Regional Heroes” of visual art and/or local scenes from any era in Greater Cincinnati. Artists are invited to submit a maximum of two works in any media. There will be cash prizes for Best of Show, 2nd & 3rd Place and Honorable Mention. The artwork will be exhibited alongside of some of the Masters of Cincinnati’s past from the Club’s Permanent Collection.
Submissions will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and the at least 50 pieces will be accepted, with no exceptions, other than meeting the Exhibition Guidelines of the Club.
ENTRY FEE: An entry fee of $25 per entrant (includes up to two pieces) must accompany your artwork when dropped off (CHECK). Or pay online through PAYPAL (PayPal or Credit Card).
DELIVERY: Note that the artwork will need to be delivered to the Club on Monday, April 24, 1-4 pm or Thursday, April 27, 7-9 pm. An attendant will be there to check in your work and accept payment.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES to notify the Club via IN PERSON OR ONLINE will be 12 noon on Friday 04/21/2023.
ENTRIES (in-person or online) will have to include:
- Artist’s Name
- Title of Artwork
- Size of Artwork (not including the framing or mounting if a painting or drawing)
- Media used
- Artist’s website, social media or email address (only one please)
- Price (price will not be listed online, used only for gallery tag. See Exhibition Guidelines for Club Sales Policy).
IN-PERSON ENTRIES– Your notification via email to: email@example.com (subject matter should be “Founders 2023”) or snail mail (ATTN: Founders 2023, Cincinnati Art Club, 1021 Parkside Place, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202), and DATE RECEIVED will be date of email received or postmark date on snail mail. NOTE: In person entry submissions may not make it into the online exhibition on the Club website.
- Please prepare images of your artwork in JPEG format. A minimum of 1080 px largest dimension.
- Name the image file: “Lastname_Firstname_Title of Artwork” .
- Photos should be of a quality expected when applying to a juried show, be in focus, evenly lit, color accurate, cropped to the artwork proper, excluding any frame, matting, easel, or extraneous background.
- Create an email message with subject title: “Founders 2023”.
- In the email body, include info listed in the ENTRIES section above for each image. DO NOT include the headings listed, only the text.
- Attach the image(s) and send the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPENING & EXHIBITION– An Opening Reception for all entrants, family, guests and the public will be held on Friday, April 28, 6 – 9 pm. The Exhibition will be open to the public on Saturday & Sunday, April 29 & 30, 1 – 4 pm.
PICK-UP: Artwork will need to be picked up on Mon., May 1, 1-4 pm or Thu., May 4, 7-9 pm. Please pick-up your artwork during the designated times, as we don’t have storage room for unretrieved artwork. All artwork remaining 2 weeks after the close of show become the property of the Cincinnati Art Club.
Email Gary Eith if you have questions/need more information: email@example.com