Cincinnati Art Club Masters
with Marlene Steele
Learn from the Masters as they did, by copying works and applying what you learn to your current piece
Techniques of Cincinnati Art Club Masters will provide the artist/student with insights on the various styles and techniques of the Cincinnati Art Club Masters. This special course series will draw on works in the Permanent Collection of the Cincinnati Art Club, chosen by the instructor to reinforce techniques used even to this day. Students will use multiple media and each “topic” will involve copying a piece and then applying the experience to a real still life, portrait or full figure, live model.
Noted Figurative Artist, Adept at Oils, Pastel & Other Media
Marlene Steele, a 30-year+ experienced, working artist and student of Aileen McCarthy, who was a student of Frank Duveneck, has agreed to teach in the Cincinnati Art Club’s (CAC’s) Continuing Education program. Marlene is a member of various art associations with an established network of contacts across the region and country. She is an alumna of the Cincinnati Art Academy, former Board Member and Vice President of the Cincinnati Art Club, and owner of Steele Studios, a continuously operating fine art studio. Steele’s works are exhibited widely throughout the region and the U.S. Among her many awards and recognitions, Steele was the recent recipient of the “Individual Excellence Award” from the Ohio Arts Council. The CAC is honored to present this Continuing Education Course.
A Few Details about the Class
- Classes meet on Thursdays from February 16 to April 20, 3:00 to 5:30 PM
- Member Students are invited to attend Thursday night Sketch Group at 7:00 PM to reinforce the learning process. Non-member Students can also attend up to 3 Sketch Group sessions with the sponsorship of a Member.
- Class size is limited to 20 students, register early to guarantee your place
- Students will use their own materials from a furnished list of supplies
- $250 for CAC members and $350 for Non-Members
- Registration/payment handled through Eventbrite, an online service (Eventbrite.com)
- Refund policy: no refund for individual classes or after one week prior to class start
For additional information on the CAC Continuing Education Program and this class please see our website: cincinnatiartclub.org/continuing-ed