Greater Cincinnati Artists Assistance Fund
Wondering how you’re going to make ends meet?
The current need is significant in an era of the COVID-19 pandemic. The ability of arts organizations and artists of any type to support themselves has suffered greatly. Visual artists have been some of the hardest hit, due to their mostly contract or self-employment. Artists who support themselves through exhibition sales are struggling with closed venues and canceled shows. Meeting their financial needs and requirements is our priority.
The Cincinnati Art Club has established the Greater Cincinnati Artist’s Assistance Fund (GCAAF) for any visual artist, Club Member or not, who is in need of financial aid. Funds from these grants or loans may be used toward the artist’s monetary shortfall, whether for rent, food, medical bills, professional expenses or art supplies.
Personal and Corporate contributions to the Greater Cincinnati Artists Assistance Fund are welcome. Donations to this effort can be made to GCAAF through the Donate page on our website: www.cincinnatiartclub.com/cac-donation. The GCAAF is managed by a member committee of the Cincinnati Art Club.
For more information, email GCAAF.
To Qualify for a Grant
Applicants must be able to answer “YES” to the following prompts:
- You are an individual visual artist or teacher of visual art who earns at least 25% of their livelihood through their artistic craft.
- You have been a resident of the Greater Cincinnati region at least since January 1, 2020 and will still live full-time in the region at the time of the grant award in 2021.
The Greater Cincinnati Area includes the following counties: Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, and Warren Counties in Ohio; Boone, Campbell, and Kenton Counties in Kentucky; and Dearborn, and Ohio Counties in Indiana.
- You must be 21 years or older.
- You must NOT be currently enrolled in a full-time academic program.
- You have not previously received a Greater Cincinnati Artists Assistance Fund grant.
Apply for a GCAAF Grant
Applications will be made through the Cincinnati Art Club’s website: www.cincinnatiartclub.org/GCAAF
Applications will be accepted starting March 15, 2021 and grants will be made starting April 1, 2021 and until this year’s funds are exhausted.
Fill out the PDF Application Form and email all requested information to: firstname.lastname@example.org