Figure Drawing Instruction with Carin Hebenstreit
Classes with posed models, every Monday morning before Sketch Group
Acclaimed Portraitist, Passionate Teacher
Carin Hebenstreit has painted portraits of some of the most famous citizens of our city and has been teaching both figurative drawing and portrait painting at the Cincinnati Art Academy for 30 years. Her approach will teach you how to see into the personality– filled with memories, feelings, and attitudes. You will learn how to see the movement and swing of a model’s body, and how to draw figures using values to pull body shapes into a whole. Carin knows all the tricks to bring your art up to the next level. Whether you are a student of figurative art, create landscapes or paint still life, this drawing class will help you see and make you a better artist.
A Few Details about these Life Drawing Classes
- Classes meet from 9:00 to 11:30, every Monday morning except on designated holidays.
- This is a continuing education program of the Cincinnati Art Club. Carin’s class is designed as a year-long learning experience, with multiple 10-week Sessions scheduled. While you can enroll in individual Sessions, attending as many as possible is strongly recommended.
- Class Size is limited to 20 students, register early to guarantee your place.
- $250 for Members and $350 for Non-Members each 10-week Session.
- Registration and payments are handled through Eventbrite, an online service. Click HERE for further information on enrollment.
- Refund Policy– There will be no refund for individual classes not attended. No registration refunds after one week prior to start of Session.
Session 2– November 21 to February 6 (no class December 26 and January 2)
Session 3– February 13 to April 10
Session 4– April 17 to June 26 (no class May 29)
- Models will alternate every other week, from draped or costumed, to nude poses… this aligns with the same rotation as in Sketch Group so lessons learned during the morning class can be carried into the afternoon Sketch Group.
- You will get plenty of drawing practice from rapid gesture, concentrating on the flow of the body, then on to 5, 10, 15, and 30-minutes poses where Carin will work with you on using values to connect shapes.
- This is a DRAWING CLASS, due to the number of different models poses planned. Bring your appropriate drawing supplies: newsprint, sketchbook, paper, charcoal, pencils, conte crayon, pastels.
A Special Offer to Non-Members Attending Carin’s Class–
We all love Sketch Group. It has been a CAC tradition since our founding days in 1890. Now it is enhanced with classroom teaching prior to the Monday Sketch session. Members of the Cincinnati Art Club can also put their lessons in practice at Sketch Group on Monday after Carin’s class. We will try to have the same model pose for the Monday Sketch Group so you can apply the skills you’ve learned and push your work to a higher level.
Note that only Members of the Cincinnati Art Club can attend these free Sketch Group sessions… but if you’re not a Member, you can attend three as our GUEST! Just ask any CAC Member if you can accompany them and see what membership at CAC could be like.